IFM Membership is your gateway to a community of like-minded clinicians and researchers from around the globe. Becoming a member connects you to a network of more than 3000 of your colleagues from multiple disciplines and specialties who are using and studying Functional Medicine.
Who Should Become a Member of IFM?
IFM Membership is for any clinician, researcher, or student who wants to:
- Examine and understand emerging research to apply in their practice;
- Expand their clinical tools to better address patient compliance and outcomes;
- Attend CME courses; and
- Become part of a community of colleagues with compatible goals and interests.
Disclaimer: You may renew your membership at any time. Renewals will extend for one full year from the previous membership expiration date. Membership purchases are non-refundable. Click here to view IFM’s Member Terms and Conditions. Purchase of membership signifies your agreement to these terms.
Connect With the IFM Community
Become a part of the global IFM community in the following settings:
- Member Discussion Forum – The Member Forum offers clinicians a virtual environment to ask questions, compare cases, and share resources. Any member may initiate discussion on their topic of interest. Forums are moderated by a member of the IFM Medical Education Team.
- Member Search – The IFM Member Directory allows members to search for colleagues by their specialty, degree, location, and other professional criteria. This Member tool also allows for further communication between groups in the same geographic area or field of interest and provides an informal Functional Medicine referral service.
Access to the IFM Toolkit
With more than 200 downloadable documents ready to be used in daily clinical practice, including:
- IFM Foundational Tools – Information and guidance on the Functional Medicine Timeline, Matrix, and GOTOIT framework, which are diagnostic tools to organize and integrate patient history and facilitate treatment.
- Intake Forms, Questionnaires, and Assessment Tools – Tools to help practitioners work with and evaluate their patients.
- Practice Management Tools – Tools to help with the logistics of managing your practice.
- Various Articles and Resources – Topics include: reducing physician burnout and practicing restoration; environmental illnesses, food, and nutrition; educational patient handouts; and movement and exercise.
Discounts and Other Financial Benefits
Receive significant financial discounts, including:
- IFM Product Discounts – 10% discount on most IFM product purchases. This includes Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP), IFM’s Annual International Conference, Advanced Practice Modules (APMs), and eLearning courses. Discount will be automatically applied at checkout.*
- Member Discounts – Various discounts on products and subscriptions:
- Dr. Journal Club – Two months of FREE access to Dr. Journal Club’s Basics Level membership and 20% off of any Dr. Journal Club level or product. dr. journal club
- LivingMatrix – 10% discount. livingmatrix
- Functional Medicine Coaching Academy (FMCA) – Eligible to receive a tuition discount. fmca
- Integrated & Functional Connections (IFC) – 50% discount on job posting services. ifc
* Discount does not apply to IFMCP products.
Qualify for IFM’s Find A Practitioner Listing
After completing AFMCP, membership will qualify you to be listed on IFM’s web-based practitioner referral network, Find A Practitioner. More than 90,000 new patients looking for healthcare professionals trained in Functional Medicine access this referral network each month.
Access to Clinical Articles and Partner Publications
- Functional Medicine Connections – Receive IFM’s monthly e-newsletter to broaden your Functional Medicine knowledge and practical application. In addition, access the e-newsletter archive with more than 40 issues of exciting content. Click here to see a sample newsletter.
- Integrative Medicine: A Clinician’s Journal (IMCJ) – Included in the Functional Medicine Connections e-newsletter, IMCJ provides practitioners with a practical and comprehensive approach to integrating alternative therapies with conventional medicine.
Access to the Natural Medicines Database ($159 value)
Natural Medicines is the authoritative resource on dietary supplements, natural medicines, and complementary, alternative, and integrative therapies.
- More than 1200 natural medicines ingredient monographs
- 90,000 commercial dietary supplement products
- Evidence-based NMBER® system for all commercial products
- New and improved checkers and tools
- Patient handouts in English, Spanish, and French
- Enhanced health & wellness monographs
- Sports medicine monographs
- Natural MedWatch adverse event reporting system
Margaret Parus, Partner Experience and Engagement Assistant
800.228.0622 or 253.661.3010
By far the best professional membership I have purchased.